Welcome to our education page! Please feel free to use these resources and
ideas with your students and children. They are intended to be informative and
“ready to go” with a minimum of preparation on your part.
· Outreach Program - a volunteer from NMDR will come to your school or
organization and give a presentation about mill dogs and our rescue. The
presentation can be tailored to fit any ages, children through adults.
· Additional reading materials - Microsoft Word document - list of book
titles from Amazon on topic of dog rescue, puppy mills, shelters, kennels,
training dogs obtained from rescues, etc.
· List of additional websites on the topic of rescue dogs, puppy mills, etc.
· List of videos on the topic of puppy mills
class activities and projects related to curriculum
· Write Letters to legislators about stopping puppy mills
· Write Essays (persuasive, argumentative paper)
· Hold a Poster Contest, 8.5 x 11, possibly display at local stores, school
Community service activities
Volunteerism at a kennel or rescue organization
Create a donations program, collect coins or dollars, collect canned dog food or
bags of dry food. Collect collars, toys, blankets or old towels.
websites that give information about puppy mills
7716 dogs saved and counting
It's about the dogs